Whether the cause of water pooling under you sink is becomes the annoying dripping sound that keep you to stay awake in the night. The leaky faucet is the annoying thing that can turn into blown full problems if not addressed in proper way. So, you will need the guides to fix a leaky faucet. Luckily, fixing leaky faucet is inexpensive and simple that you can try by your own.
Even the small leak can waste the 3 gallons of water in a day, here several step guides to fix the leaky faucet.
- What you will need:
– The screwdriver.
– Replacement parts.
– 1/8 inches of wrench.
– The needle nose pliers.
– The tongue and groove pliers.
- How to fix it:
1. You need to shut off the hot and cold water supply valves from the underneath of your sink. Then turn on the faucet and let last of water will out completely drain from the water lines.
2. You can remove the handle, release the screw over using the screwdriver or wrench that effective to remove the screw. Then you can lift out the handle.
3. Watch the cap and set the adjusting ring. If your faucet had leaked from here, you can try tightening the ring then adjusting it with the needle nose pliers. If this thing does not stop the leak, you should replace the faucet’s springs and seat as well.
4. You need to unscrew and remove the adjustable ring. Then, you need to unscrew the dome shaped cap with placed the fiber or cloth over the cap that useful for grip and use the tongue and groove pliers to remove it. You should be careful: do not use too much pressure when removing the cap.
5. Then you need to pull out the round metal stem. When you do it, you should remove the ball that called as the cam and packing. If your faucet is leaked here, you should replace the cam and packing that solve your problem.
6. You can look the valve and see whether there is small mechanism that called as seats and springs. Seats are the small circular parts then spring is beneath from the seat. Use the wrench to pull out the seat and spring from both of hot or cold water.
7. Insert the new set of seat and springs inside the hole using the wrench. Use the wrench to place them properly inside the valve. Repeat them in the other set as well.
8. You can replace the ball units, then adjusting the pin and valve for the slot on the ball.
9. You can replace the came and packing, adjusting the tab inside the cam with the slot inside the valve.
10. Then you need screw the cap on the valve using your hand. Replace the adjusting ring and tightening it with the needle nose pliers to reinstall your handle.
11. Turn on the water and ensure you fix the leaky faucet.